Breakers, Pacific County, Washington

After a fire destroyed the first Breakers Hotel built by Joseph Arthur, he rebuilt and in 1905 opened a post office for the latter part of the tourist season. The following year it reopened and remaind operating almost to the closure of the hotel in 1920. A condominium development now occupies the location.

Breakers

Established:August 17, 1905 
First Postmaster:Joseph Arthur
Change:November 24, 1905
Disposition:Discontinued

Breakers

Established:May 22, 1906 
First Postmaster:Joseph Arthur
Change:March 31, 1919
Disposition:Served from Long Beach

 

Postcards From This Office:

Aerial view of the Breakers Hotel, July 8, 1908

One of a series made for Seattle's Alaska-Yukon-Pacific exposition in 1909.
 
The scene is the
"Old Ilwaco Road"
being used as a Lover's Lane.
 
Postmarked;
August 21, 1909
 

 

23rd September, 2014