Small rural community of farms and a few residences. First suggested naming was Clifton [Cliff's Town] , but there was another in the state, so 'Brooklyn' was assigned by the USPOD.
Mostly isolated from the rest of Pacific County, it is along the upper reaches of the North River.
Mail was first brought from Willapa by horse and rider. The trail went up Ward's Creek to Smithland, then over the hills to Brooklyn.
|Established:||December 10, 1891|
|First Postmaster:||Emma Roberts|
|Change:||May 16, 1969|
|Disposition:||Served from Cosmopolis|