On 250 acres, Ocean Park was first developed in 1883 as a camp meeting site by the 'Ocean Park Camp Meeting Association of the Methodist Episcopal Church". When they disbanded in 1888, deeds were issued to association members and a post office was established two year later. Eastern portions of the claim were sold to John Paul and became part of Nahcotta.
The deeds contained restrictions prohibiting "the use and manufacture of intoxicating drinks, gambling and other immoral practices".
|Established:||June 28, 1904|
|First Postmaster:||David Beechey|
Wreck of the Alice [Fr.].
With 3,000 tons of cement, she came ashore in a storm Jan 15th, 1909
Mailed on August 31, 1909
Street Scene, Mailed on July 7, 1912